You have started to straighten your teeth and are on your way to a beautiful smile. Everything is in place and the process has begun.
We have just a few instructions so that your Powerprox experience will be successful. We will give you a orthodontic kit with all the tools necessary for your success.
1. Brushing and flossing is most important now more than ever. Brush at least twice a day or even after every meal. Even if you can brush with just water after a meal, that would be great. Flossing with braces is a little more tricky, but is very necessary and doable. In your kit, you will find floss threaders and platypus flossers. Both of these tools will help you remove debris from between teeth and behind wires.
2. Foods to stay away from: hard, chewy or sticky foods such as caramels, gum, hard candies, popcorn, sugary foods, etc. You will want to cut foods that are harder to eat such as meat, apples, carrots, etc.
3. You may experience tenderness or sore areas. This is normal. Your teeth are moving. You can take Ibuprofen or Advil to help during these times. Sometimes the brackets will rub or a wire will poke your cheeks, there is wax in your orthodontic kit that can be placed on a bracket or wire to help.
4. Please give us a call if something breaks or if a wire is bothering your tissue. This will take only a few minutes to fix. It is normal if we see you often the first couple months, so please don’t hesitate to call.
5. It is extremely important to keep all of your appointments with us. This will allow for you to progress in the right direction and you will be done before you know it!
We are excited to see all changes that will be taking place!